Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random and a Recipe

Well Friday night was fun! I made a salad that went over well! I got it from my friend Jessica, so I have named it Jessica's salad. Here is the recipe.

Jessica's Salad
romaine lettuce
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tbsp raspberry balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp accent seasoning (I leave this out)
1/2 tsp poppy seeds (optionl)
rice noodles (optional)


Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, seasoning, and sugar together. Toss with lettuce. I only add rice noodles, but you can add craisins, slivered almonds, chopped onion, etc. Also, I do not add the poppy seeds. I haven't had a person not like this yet!

Yesterday we met with the pastor or the first time. It was...interesting. We shall see. I got to see my mom and dad's new kitchen/dining room. They completely redid part of the house. It is amazing! I am so jealous. I want that kitchen! Oh the things I could cook! Other than that, yesterday was mostly spent in the car. It is about 3 1/2 hours to my parents house, so a total of 7 hours in the car. Once we got home last night, we crashed. We picked up some Taco Bell on the way back into town, b/c there was no way I was cooking. I was exhausted! We went to bed at 10:30pm. I really was just exhausted!
Today, we have nothing planned. It's nice! We are just going to bum around home and do laundry and dishes. Jon got God of War III this week, so we've been playing that. It is pretty darn epic! I think it's gorier than the first 2 though. Also, since we cleaned out part of the garage, Jon has his man cave (he hates that term, but really what else do you call it?). He got a dart board out there and we have been playing darts quite a bit. I stink at it, but it's a lot of fun! Well, I think I'm going to catch up on reading some blogs and then settle in for a day of lazy! Have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment