Monday, March 15, 2010

A Blast From My Past

Oh to be a child in the 80's and 90's. It was the best. Here are some of my favorite forgotten things from my childhood.

Mixed Tapes/Cd's. Ipod playlists just aren't the same.
VHS tapes. Before we had DVR, we dearly loved our VHS tapes.

YM magazine. It defined our generation, now it's gone. Sigh.


Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Oh how I loved this show. I can still here the theme song and wish I had a gigantic map on my floor!
Super Mario Brothers. I still love my 8 bit characters. Phooey on fancy schmany graphics, who needs em?!?

Romeo + Juliet. There was no one yummier than Leo. And who didn't want to be Claire Danes in this movie?!


McDonald's Mcnugget Buddies. Ah the days when McDonald's Happymeal toys were cool.


The Secret World of Alex Mack. I read the books like crazy! I so wanted her powers...and her friends!
Double Dare. Need I say more?

Jem and the Holograms. I still have an old VHS with some episodes. I loved this show!


TGIF. Did anyone miss their Friday night block of funny?

Daria. The best thing that was ever on MTV. Why is this not on dvd?


Casper. I had a huge crush on Devon Sawa. I so wanted to be Kat that I wore a thumb ring for a long time after this movie!

The Babysitters Club. I still grab one of these when I feel like taking a trip down memory lane. And the movie? Still watch it. Guilty pleasures are so delicious.


I could literally go on forever about this stuff. Oh the cartoons...and music....and tv shows!!!!!! Takes ya back doesn't it? Take your own trip down memory lane! What was your favorite childhood stuff?

1 comment:

  1. Teeny Bopper Magazines.....which allowed me to pull out pages of Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT) and post them all over my room! Where is he these days anyways?! Slap bracelets, those things were so addicting. I played with mine more than I wore it. Nickelodeon Tv Shows...here's just a few...All That, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Doug, Rug Rats. Remember shoes that had lights on them? They blinked when you walked in them.

    ReplyDelete