Wednesday, March 31, 2010

happy april fools day!

Per Wikipedia, "April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day is a day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family members, enemies, and neighbors, or sending them on a fool's errand, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible…The earliest recorded association between April 1 and foolishness can be found in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (1392). Many writers suggest that the restoration of January 1 as New Year's Day the 16th century was responsible for the creation of the holiday, but this theory does not explain earlier references."

Whenever or however it began, April Fools Day is now and always will be. Do you celebrate the day with a good practical joke? I haven’t since grade school. Eh. I just don’t get into it. Mazel tov to those who do though! Celebrate away! There have been several practicl jokes around work this morning. I’ve just never been good at practical jokes. I am either am afraid it will cause to much havoc (yup I'm a wimp!) or I get too excited and give away the end. It’s the same with giving presents. I can never wait! I have no patience in case you couldn’t tell. None. I am probably the most impatient person in the world! But I’m working on it!

I think Jon and I may go on a picnic tomorrow. It is supposed to be a beautiful 80 degrees! I want to be like one of those couples you see in books or movies, just lying on a blanket in the middle of a park reading, or talking. Wine will of course be involved!

Oh and.....my shopping hiatus is over! ( yes I cheated to buy New Moon...and the soundtrack...oh who cares it was New Moon!) I would be out getting a few things right now, but the mr. is getting new glasses. He desperatley needs them (he has had his current ones since 2002!) and I'm excited to see them on his face! Since we're are spending money on those, I will be waiting to shop. Stay tuned though, I promise there will be shoping in the future!

oh, and by the way, go here: http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/
It's amazing! She inspires me to have fun like I was 9 again! And why shouldn't I? I've earned it! Hell, anyone who lives in the real world has earned it! So have fun! And visit her blog. GO NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment