Saturday, May 1, 2010

Weekend of Memories

Last night we went to see the original Nightmare on Elm St (1984 version) at the drive in. I loved seeing it on the big screen! The new one that's out played after that and it was awful! Don't waste your money! Anyway, David, Kate, Amber, Dustin, and Zach went with us. It was Kate, Amber, and Dustin's first time there. It was really cool though, b/c they had Freddy driving a really old school bus with the original theme music playing from it. You could ride on the bus with Freddy! Then they had a Freddy with real metal fingers walk around during the movie. Right before the movie started, they "sharpened" his knives. It was really cool, sparks were flying from them! All in all, a fantastic evening!
Today, I bought my wedding dress! It isn't at all what I thought I wanted and it was the 1st one I tried on. Actually, I think I may have set the record for fastest wedding dress buy! I was in, tried on 5 dresses, and out all within 30 minutes! My family couldn't believe it! I am working on being able to upload pictures so that I can post some on here! I bought the dress off the rack, so I was able to take it home with me today! They will clean it for free before the wedding. It fits absolutely perfectly, so I don't need any alterations! I am seriously in a bit of shock. I didn't even know that could happen! I thought for sure I was going to have to order my dress and wait for it. Not to mention I thought I'd have to have alterations done. As it is, I could go get married tomorrow! Since I don't have pictures right now, I'll just tell you what the dress is like. It is chiffon A-line dress with an empire waste. The bust is rouched, and at the waist, there is some lace and beading, but just a bit. It flows down into a chapel train, and there is a bit more lace and beading that flows down the back of the dress from the waist to the hem. I got it in ivory. I am going to have to get new shoes though. The ones I got just don't go with the dress. I think I want to get a red kitten heel, but I suspect I am going to have trouble finding something that will be what I want. I'm on the lookout! I like these,

but the heel is too high. I can't go higher than a 1-2 inch heel, or I'll be taller than Jon. I know it's not a huge deal, but I want to be shorter than him!
I also have to rethink my hair. I don't think I want to wear a veil with this dress. I tried one on with it and it just didn't do it for me. I'm thinking I will just do a facinator. Which brings me to the next question of how I want to do my hair. With this dress, I may want to do a 1/2 up do. i just don't know. So many decisions! Oh the humanity! Hehe.
After I bought my dress, we ran to Michael's and I got my votive candles. Then we went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory! I love that place! I got Jon and I some cheesecake to go. I headed home shortly after that. When I got home, I took a 2 hour nap! I was bushed! Then we had dinner at Sonnie and Phil's. Now we are home and eating our cheesecake! Yum! So good! Well, I'll head out for now. Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment