Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! According to Wikipedia, “Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a voluntarily observed holiday that commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.” Have some salsa and margaritas!
Sorry I have been MIA the past couple of days! I have been working on a wedding website and I finished my ring bearer pillows! I have been productive, just not blogging wise! I will post my wedding website later. It still isn’t quite done yet. I have really been knocking out wedding stuff the past couple of weeks, and I must say I’m pretty proud of my self. Not to toot my own horn or anything ;). I ordered a short sleeve zippy hoodie today and a white t-shirt. I am going to pick up some white undies after work. I am going to decorate those with bride, I do, and Tying the Knot rhinestones. After work, I am heading to Hobby Lobby to get some supplies for a sarah version of a haute bracelet and a garter. I am going to have to find a way to get pictures on my computer! Maybe I’ll hijack Jon’s next week.
I took a 4 day weekend next week. Jon has court to discuss Josh stuff on Thursday, and I wanted to be there for that. I decided it would be the perfect time also to tackle invites (design them, learn how to print them, etc) and a few other projects for the wedding, so I took Friday off as well.
I have fallen in love with a look for the guys at the wedding but I’m not sure how to pull it off. I want them to wear black pants, white shirts, black vests and red ties! I love the look without a jacket, but I’m not sure how to pull that off. Also, Jon has free reign over the guys attire, so I suppose I should mention this to him! I just like the way it looks nice but stays casual as well.

I have a serious request to make today. Please keep our friends Dustin and Amber, and their little girl Zoey in your thoughts/prayers/positive vibes. A little back-story is in order. I have mentioned friends of ours and their baby who has needed prayers since the beginning of this year, but have never really explained the situation. Zoey has a brain tumor that was discovered in Jan. They were able to remove most of it and also found out that it isn’t cancerous. Yea! However, Zoey goes in for another brain surgery on May 17th to try to get the rest of the tumor and to see how it is doing (shrinking/growing/etc). Please keep them in your thoughts/prayers/positive vibes for the month or longer. They desperately need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment