Monday, May 24, 2010

i run from adulthood

“When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”
- Carrie
{Sex and the City

When did life get so adult? When did I have to start thinking about big scary grown up things? I’m sorry, but no matter how old and adult you get, some things will always scare the bajesus out of me! And at what point, may I ask, did I get so dangerously close to my parents age?! Sheesh! Can I be 17 again and think there are no consequences to my actions?! Just for a little bit?! Hm?!?!?!? I suppose not. Now I’m not saying that I don’t enjoy being an adult, I totally do! Totally! It’s just those big scary unpleasant things that I don’t enjoy. But then who does? No one, she answers herself. I’m suddenly singing the Facts of Life theme song in my head. You know, “You take the good you take the bad you take them both and then you have the facts of life…the facts of life!” Man I loved that show. And there’s the 10 year old carefree me popping up! And so to focus on the positive, here are things that made my adult self happy today!

Getting married (v. adult thing to do, well it should be anyway, lol)
Going to lunch at Moe’s with my friend Jessica
Looking at pretty wedding photos to get ideas for discussing with our photog
Drinking Coke whenever I want!
Listening to Bob and Tom whilst driving to work
Cursing whilst getting cut of while driving to work, and no consequences for the naughty words uttered!
Dreaming of being at my very own house this weekend (I own a house…very adult!)

In other news (do I say that too much?) tomorrow Jon and I have our second pre-marital counseling session. Hopefully this will make tomorrow go fast. I hope this whole week goes fast! I’m wishing my weeks away! I really do live for the weekends. This darn work thing gets in the way of my living!

Sarah out

No comments:

Post a Comment