Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! and a recipe

Happy mother's day to all the mothers out there! I myself will be meeting my mom for lunch today. I may or may not (ok, so definitely may) have some serious baby fever and I can't wait to celebrate my first mothers day. No worries though, Jon and I aren't starting a family any time soon. We still have a ways to go before we do that! We are planning on starting to try about1 1/2 years after the wedding. Interestingly enough, Jon was talking baby yesterday! Strange but true! I think he just wanted to get my mind off of the puppies that were at the forestry yesterday. They were up for adoption and I wanted one so badly! I could just smoosh their little faces, yes I could! ( you must do that sentence in a mushy baby voice to get the full effect) I tried a new meatloaf today! I got a recipe from my sister, who got it from Kraft! I made a few changes based on what we had at the house. I'll post a Jon review once he's tried it. I made it up ahead of time so that he and Josh can have it for lunch. Here is the recipe. I have put my changes in (). However, my sister has made this exactly as the recipe indicates and they love it at her house!

Italian Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg stove top stuffing mix for chicken
1 can (19 fl oz) italian-style stewed tomoatoes, undrained (I didn't use these, as we didn't have them)
4 cloves garilc, minced (I used dried garlic and some garlic salt)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups pasta sauce, divided ( I used 2 cups in the meatloaf and then the 1/4 cup on top)
1 cup mozzerlla cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup each of the pasta sauce and cheese. Put in a 13x9 inch backing dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 50 minutes. top with remaining sauce and cheese. bake an additional 10 minutes or until loaf is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment