Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wedding Junk

I have wedding updates! I was in Meijer yesterday and saw some really beautiful fake calla lilies! They were only $2 a stem and I thought, Hm...those would be really pretty for my bouquets! So I picked them up today after work. My bridesmaids will carry one each and I made myself a bouquet out of 8 of them. I think they look pretty good! I had never considered calla lilies, but I have ended up loving them!
I am almost finished with my Mr. and Mrs. chair hangings. I just have to add the ribbon! I did finish my WE DO letters for the cake table.
We decided not to have a unity candle, so I took the one I had already bought (just a plain white candle) and decorated it with some ribbons. We will use it for decoration on the head table.
No pic's, but I think I may hijack Jon's computer this weekend and force him to figure out how to upload my pictures! I am out of room on my memory card on my camera, plus I'm tired of not being able to post pictures! This post isn't that exciting without them! I saw a wedding today that totally inspired me to use red heart shaped balloons as a back drop for my head table.
I decided to use white paper table clothes on our tables. I am going to get black paper table clothes and cut them into 3's or 4's and use them as table runners! We are going to have white and aquahttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=2571033750168903085 containers with crayons in them so people can draw on the table clothes. Add some votive candles and our red and clear heart shaped votive candle holders, and there you have it!
We need to buy the table clothes, votive candles, crayons and containers, bubbles...oh there is still a whole lotta crap to get. But at least I know what I'm getting! It's not the wedding I planned on, but it's turning out ok. I'm trying to keep as much Jon and I in the wedding as I can. I think we are going to use Princess Lea and Han Solo figurines for cake toppers. We are entering to some song from Star Wars. It's the one where they get their meddles. I don't know what it's called. Jon picked it out, but I really like it too! We are working on something special for our programs, but I'm not saying what on here. I want to make sure it happens before I talk about it, but it is very us. I've been thinking about making EAT ME letters for the cake or food table and DRINK ME letters for the bar, but I'm not sure how the caterer and bar tender would like that. It would be an awesome way to bring my love of Alice in Wonderland into the wedding though. The one thing I so badly want is a photo booth. However, there is no way we have the money to rent one! I've thought about doing our own version of one, but I just don't think it is in the cards, money or logistics wise. Sigh. I need a rich uncle or something. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment