Wednesday, May 26, 2010

memories and music

Things I remember fondly:
- Playing DDR at willow glen
- watching TGIF and laughing so hard I thought my ribs would break
- playing outside with my little sister and our baby dolls
- making witches brew out of water and corn silks with my little sister
- the whole family getting together to shuck corn out of the back of the orange bomb
- Christmas morning’s opening our presents and having all 5 girls there
- grandma amy having an old school desk in her sunroom filled with old erasers, crayons, papers for us to play with
- Watching house at Hannah’s apartment and the guys fighting over the huge bean bag chair
- partying at Dustin and Amber’s late into the night
- all four of us playing that wizard game (I still don’t know the name)
- grandma g having old makeup in the dresser upstairs in the spare bedroom. My little sis and I used to sneak up there and put it on
- my first kiss
- grandma amy making us cheese sandwich’s and taking us to see mom and howard Johnson
- grandma g always having avon bubble gum flavored chapstick for us to put on
- late night walmart runs with my friends in college
- Chicago trips with the valhallas in highschool
- lockin’s at the highschool for band and choir
- having a girl scout lockin at the mall and shopping at claire’s
- dad lifting us up in the bucket of the tractor. Something he now does with his grandkids
- mom and my older sisters laying out in lawn chairs on the front and side yards
- my first kiss with Jon

I started thinking of what I remember fondly and I could go on and on. When I stop to think about it, I’ve got a lot of good memories. Not to say there aren’t bad ones in there, there are. But I like to focus on the positive. Once I started trying to remember good things, they just kept coming. Now you should try it. Go ahead, try it! Now here are some things that make me happy today!
1. I got to see Jon last night (yes, it is still making me happy today)
2. Another lunch with Jessica. I got a twofer this week!
3. Writing love notes to Jon, just b/c
4. I get to wear jeans to work tomorrow, always happy
5. Finding fun new blogs to read
6. dreaming up ideas of a scrapbook telling our love story

And now, I present my summer mix tape..er cd.
1. I’m a survivor – destiny’s child
2. 3 – Britney spears
3. chicken fried – zac brown band
4. ticks – brad paisley
5. crash – dave matthews band
6. summer day- coconut records
7. west coast – coconut records
8. in the sun – she and him
9. don’t stop believing – journey
10. I could break your heart any day of the week – mandy moore
11. semi charmed life – third eye blind
12. hit the road jack – ray charles
13. California girls – beach boys
14. mustang sally – Wilson pickett
15. drive my car – the beatles
16. low rider – war
17. fly – sugar ray
18. summer in the city – the lovin’ spoonful
19. heat wave – martha and the vandellas
20. under the boardwalk – the drifters
21. borderline – Madonna
22. I get around – the beach boys
23. wipe out – the surfaris
24. you’re the one that I want – grease soundtrack
25. summer nights – grease soundtrack
26. cruel summer – bananarama
27. waterfalls – tlc
28. little red corvette – prince
29. vacation – the go-go’s
30. summertime – dj jazzy jeff & the fresh prince
31. stay (I missed you) – lisa loeb
32. when I come around – green day
33. all the small things – blink 182
34. 21 guns – green day
35. coconut - harry nilsson
36. do you feel like we do – peter Frampton
37. bye bye blackbird – joe cocker
38. blackbird – the beatles
Happy summer listening! I would have added much more, but you have to stop somewhere. Have a wonderful hump day!
And I’m ending with a Golden Girls quote!
“Well I’m off,” – Sophia
“Completely” – Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment