Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wedding Updates

Oy to the ve! 3 1/2 months till the wedding! I'm starting to feel the pressure. I have checked a lot off of my list but I still haven't decided 100% on the centerpieces. I think we are going to get plastic martini/champagne glasses and fill them with m&m's and skittles. that combined with red and clear stones and votive candles are the for sure's on the tables. I'm still deciding on a focal point. I saw in the Martha Stewart Spring wedding issue that they took plain boxes and put ribbon around them and used those as the center pieces. I'm thinking about doing plain white or black craft boxes and tying aqua yarn around them. Stack two for each table. It's hard to explain, but I think it's gonna look good. Jon likes the idea too.
Tomorrow, we are going to register! I think we are just going to register at Target. It has everything we need/want to register for, so we don't feel a need to register anywhere else. Wish us luck, every time we try to register something goes wrong. I hope it works out this time!
We are scheduled to meet with our photographer on June 12th to discuss our wants/needs. I put together a folder with examples of photos we like the style of, thier contact info, and I'm working on a list of must takes. The must takes will probably mostly be just the typical family/wedding party/portrait shots. I want the rest of them to be almost spontaneous and not posed.
I need to email the caterer to verify a couple things and if I'm getting my hair done, I need to make that appointment. I just can't decide if I want to have my hair done. I like the convenience and it will take stress away on the day of, but I just hate paying someone to do my hair. I'll probably do it though. I'm pretty sure my bm's want their hair did, so we can make a morning of it.
I have begun work on our programs. Jon and I want to make them unique, and we both like the idea of doing a comic book inspired program. We'll see if it works out.
We have had 2 of our 4 pre-marital counseling sessions. We have scheduled our 3rd. We need to schedule an appointment with the pastor who will be marrying us to discuss how the ceremony will go.
We are working on deciding on the music for the ceremony and reception. Jon is so picky about music, it's taking forever! I can't complain, at least he has input!
Here's a pic of the classic beauty Princess Grace in her wedding duds from we heart it. I'm off to check more wedding stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment