Friday, April 2, 2010

Saturday Delights and a Soup Recipe

Mmmm. I loved the sunshine yesterday, but there is something about a rainy day that I love too! First, b/c I always want to make soup on rainy days. Yum! (see recipe down farther) And second b/c it gives you an excuse to rent movies and lounge about all day without making you seem too terribly lazy. Today Jon and I felt the rainy day lazies. Since we are going to be on the road aka very busy tomorrow, we decided to take it easy today. We rented The Men Who Stare at Goats and .... wait for it.... Julie and Julia!!!! I have been waiting to see that movie forever!

Julie and Julia was fantastic, as I knew it would be. Has Meryl Streep ever done you wrong? (No, seriously, she can do no wrong!) All the stories about how amazing this movie is are true. As a blogger, one needs to watch this movie. Even if you don't blog, you should see this. It's just a fantastic, amazing, wonderful, fabulous movie! If you haven't seen it, do so. We rented it, and I will be buying it the first chance I get! I am however still terrified of french cooking! I am certainly not as brave as those two ladies! ( No way could I bring myself to cook a lobster or debone a duck!) I think I will stick to making my easy versions of recipes, though I did get a couple of tips from the movie. I had no idea you should dry meat off before cooking it! Maybe I will pick up Julia's book to see if there are any other tips I can incorporate into my kind of cooking!

The Men Who Stare at Goats was a great movie! It comes highly recommended by me. You have to keep an open mind when watching it b/c it gets a little out there, but it was cracking Jon and I up! I love Jeff Bridges! Love him!

We did accomplish something other than loafing today! We went and picked out our wedding bands! We both just picked plain white gold bands. Mine is a 3mm and his is a 4mm and we both wear a size 7! Hehe, we are sooooo made for each other! It was nice to see how my engagement ring looks with a wedding band! We didn't buy them today, but once my tax refund comes in, they are on the list!

Last night, while Dustin and Amber were here we got into some wedding talk! I have come up with some creative and cost effective ideas for the wedding! I just want our wedding to be personal and unstuffy (yup that's a word of my own making :P). Fun! I want it to be fun! And so it will be. For one thing, we are going to have paper for table clothes, and part of our centerpeices will be crayons in jars so that people can write on the tables! It will give them something fun to do! I always love eating at restaurants that have this and I thought, hey, why not do it for the wedding! We have also come up with a fun idea for the programs, but that is a secret! I hope we can pull it off! Have I mentioned that I love my fiance? Well I do! Love you Jon! So here is the recipe I mentioned above. Bon Appetit!

Beef Noodle French Onion Mushroom Soup
2 quarts beef stock
1 package fresh mushrooms
1 yellow onion, chopped roughly
1 can Campbell's french onion soup
1/2 bag egg noodles

Saute the mushrooms and onions in a tiny bit of butter or oil in the bottom of a large soup pot. They just need to be browned. Add in the stock and soup and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until onions and mushrooms are tender. Add noodles and simmer until they are done. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment