Sunday, February 28, 2010

Product Reviews



Remember Hard Candy cosmetics? When I was in Jr. High/High School, that stuff was a hot commodity. I never used it b/c it was too expensive for my high school pocket money. Part time jobs only pay so much. Anywho, I was at Walmart, and they have a line of Hard Candy stuff! I picked up a nail polish called Hypnotic. It's a very subtle, pale, shimmery pink. Try as I might, I couldn't get a good picture of it. I think It is a nice look if you want something very subtle.

I have been trying new makeup since I am doing my own for the wedding, and today I picked up L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base and Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher since I had coupons for them. I used them today and I decided to let you lovely people of the interwebz know what I thought!

First up is the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. I have never used a base under my cosmetics, so keep in mind that my opinion on this is limited to this one product. The box says that this product will smooth lines, hide pores, banish imperfections, and help makeup go on smoother. I didn't see that it hid much, but it did create a smooth base for my usual makeup. It also made my skin feel and look more even. I really like the way it makes my face feel smooth, without adding any weight. This product is light and silky. I still had to use concealor on my blemishes. If you didn't need to cover things, this product would be nice on its own b/c it gives the skin a nice dewy glow. So, for only $12, I'd say its not too shabby!

Next up, is the Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher. I have used translucent powders before, and this one did not disappoint. It gave my face a nice finished look. This powder also gave me a bit of a glow b/c it has a teensy bit of shimmer to it. Nothing that you would notice, just enough to give you that extra something. I would recommend this if you are looking for something to finish off your look.

In other beauty news, I tried something new with my eyelashes. A little back story: I am terrified of eyelash curlers. I used them in high school, but I had an incident. I pulled out 1/2 the eyelashes in my right eye. No joke. I pulled out the inner half of my eyelashes. I couldn't wear mascara for 2 months. And it hurt! Ever since then, I have just been too scared to use one. I had seen on some blogs the idea to use 2 different mascara's to achieve the look you want. I decided to go for it. First I applied a coat of Maybelline Lash Stiletto™ Ultimate Length Washable mascara. This one adds a lot of length, but isn't too hot on the volume. Next I added a coat my new favorite, L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. This technique didn't work too badly. I just felt my eyelashes ended up clumpier than I liked. I played with them a bit and they turned out ok. I think I am just going to have to conquer my fear and reinstate an eyelash curler back into my beauty routine.

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment