Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Best Day of the Week...Saturday

My soon to be brother in law and his sweetie came over today and brought his XBox 360 and Tony Hawk Ride game with the skateboard controller. Totally fun! I can't skateboard at all in real life, and I really like this game! Also, if you want to play without the skateboard controller, you can hook up your console controller and play that way! This would be a fun party game too b/c it has party play. Funtimes in my opinion.



We did our grocery shopping today and I got these beautiful roses.



I love fresh cut flowers! These were to beautiful to pass up and at $3, a steal! I wore my new skinny jeans from Old Navy today. Success! They are so comfy! I think I might go get another pair while they are on sale, though they are worth full price! I just realized that this whole post has sounded like a bunch of sales ads! I really do just like this stuff! I like to pass on when I find something good, b/c sharing is caring! (God I loved the Care Bears!)

We eat dinner as a family in our house. We sit down at the table and talk about our days over dinner. I remember sitting down to dinner with my family every night when I was little, and I am really enjoying this with my new family. Tonight for our family dinner, I attempted meatloaf. It shouldn't be this hard to make meatloaf, but for some reason I have issues with it! It never turns out as a loaf, more as meat crumbles. Tonight, I tried a new recipe, and it turned out pretty darn good! I finally made a successful meatloaf! Here is the recipe.

Sarah's Meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
1 box Stove Top Stuffing
2 eggs
1 1/2 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup ketchup

Mix all together. Put in greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Side note: I didn't actually measure the ketchup and mustard so these are approximates. If you think there is too much or too little, just adjust to what your family likes.

"Dining with one's friends and beloved family is certainly one of life's primal and most innocent delights, one that is both soul-satisfying and eternal." - Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment