Friday, February 5, 2010

My Face

I admit it, I am a drugstore girl. Maybe its b/c I never used the expensive stuff, so i don't know the true beauty of high end makeup, but I stick to the cheap stuff. Here are a few things I have found I can't live without.

- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation
I love this stuff! I have uneven skin, but only get zits on occasion, like once a month (thanks Flo), so I don't need heavy coverage. I tried liquid and powder concealors and I never got the amount of coverage I wanted. This stuff is perfect! It evens out my skin and isn't too heavy.

- Covergirl Invisible liquid concealer
I have SUPER dark shadows under my eyes. They are genetic so no amount of sleep or hydration is going to help them. This concealer does the best job of any products I've found so far.

- Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
I don't wear lipstick, and I only wear gloss on occasion. This stuff is my absolute cannot live without it product. I'm talking I have a tube at work, in my car, in my purse, at home, plus extras scattered around. LOVE IT!

As for eye products, I don't have any favorites. I tend to stick to taupe colored eye shadows, but can't say that I've found any that are so good I can't live without them. Mascara....Oy. I have severe eye allergies, so I can't wear water proof mascaras (good luck to me on my wedding day eh?). I haven't found a mascara that knocked my socks off. In fact, I haven't found one I even like all that much, so I continue the search. Mascara may just be what starts me buying high end makeup!

So that's my usual makeup routine. I usually only wear makeup on the weekends, but keeping with my girly girl enhancements, I am going to try to at least throw on mascara in the mornings.

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment