Thursday, July 1, 2010

recaps and recipes

Hello all! First off, I must start with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to miss Zoey!!! She is 2 today! So Happy Birthday Zoey!
I had such a lovely time last night! High school Rachel and I went out to dinner at the Macaroni Grill. I had coke and mushroom ravioli (twilight anyone?!?!). It’s always so much fun to get together and catch up with her!
Speaking of Twilight, I hope everybody who went to the midnight showing of Eclipse had fun!!!!! How was it??? I can’t wait to see it!!!!
After dinner last night, I went to Hobby Lobby and got some stuff for the wedding. I got the stands for the reserved signs, more clear stones and votive candles for the table décor, some scrapbook stuff for scrapping my bachelorette parties, and bubbles for the wedding. I need to get a basket to hold all the bubbles. Must add to list!
I also found out last night that my first shower is on July 31st! you may be asking yourselves, why I would have a first shower?! Well, b/c my family lives in the north part of the state and Jon’s family lives in the south part of the state, my pepe’s decided to have 2 parties. My sisters are throwing one in the north and my MOH is having one in the south. We’re a divided people. Mehehe.
I found a great new site for recipes! Its’ http://recipechick.blogspot.com/ and I can’t wait to try some of the freezer recipes out! We are planning on getting a chest freezer and I’m looking forward to using it! I’m looking forward to cooking for a weekend and having food for a month. I’m not sure how often I’ll do that, since I enjoy cooking, but it’s a nice option.
Speaking of cooking, I’m including a couple of recipes that I made up recently. I’ve been trying to make stuff from scratch and I’ve come up with a few things. I haven’t made these yet, so no pictures, no measurements, and try at your own risk!

Fajita soup
Chicken stock
Green pepper
Onion
Ground chicken
Bread crumbs
Taco seasoning
Tortilla chips
Shredded Mexican cheese
Sauté green pepper and onion in pan. Add stock and taco seasoning. Mix chick and breadcrumbs and put meatballs into soup. Boil/simmer until meatballs are done. Serve over crushed tortilla chips and cheese.

Fried pizza
Pizza dough
fresh mozzarella
Fresh basil
Tomatoes
Pizza sauce or alfredo sauce
Roll pizza dough into individual size. Fry in a pan of ½ in heated oil. First one side, then the other until golden brown. Once done, top with sauce, cheese, tomato, and basil. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment