Wednesday, July 7, 2010

randoms

Ah wedding makeup. The current bane of my existence. Here is my problemo. I get red, like really red when I get hot or emotional. Since my wedding is in September, I figure I’m going to be both. Now I’m ok with a pink glow, but I turn cherry tomato red! I do not want this for my wedding pictures!!!! So as I’ve said on here before, I ‘ve been trying different makeup products to see if I can dull the bright lobster red to a demure pink glow. Why am I saying all of this again? Because I got some more products to try! Keep an eye out for reviews this weekend!
So in my last post I said how I was excited about fall and oh man, I came across this recipe for pumpkin cookies that sounds divine! So I was thinking, is there really a reason to wait until fall to make pumpkin cookies?!?!
In totally off the wall talk, I realized that I have not been my usual picture nazi self this summer! I usually have my camera with me and am constantly taking pictures, but for some reason, this summer I haven’t been! I need to get on it! I have all this cute summer scrapbooking stuff just waiting to be used, and I don’t have any pictures to scrap! I’m going to choose to blame the stress of planning a wedding. Yup, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
And now, I have a confession to make. I love a good football game! Yes I admit it, I’m a closet football fan. Now, I’m not going to watch every game and what not, but I do enjoy a good game when I have a team to root on. I was a cheerleader in Jr high and part of high school (total shocker huh?) and I just remember the feeling of being at a game. Bad concessions stand food, the fans in the stand, the cold weather. Sigh. It was pretty fun. I haven’t been to a live game since high school and I admit I kind of miss it. So, there it is.
I had a dream last night about getting a tattoo for my wedding and I love the idea! As previously mentioned, I have had a tattoo picked out for a couple years. I had decided to put it on my lower back next to my current tattoo. I wanted to get the heart for my wedding and another of the same heart for the birth of my children. I wanted to put the dates of their births in their somewhere but didn’t want it to look tacky. In my dream I got the heart and had the date written inside it in white ink. Very subtle. I love the idea! I think I may go for it. By the time I have a kid, it’ll have been a couple years and I’ll know if I really want it! As for the wedding tattoo, I think I’m going to get the heart by itself, no date. It’s what I’ve wanted for so long, so I’m going to stick with it.
And so …”All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment