Sunday, July 11, 2010

Makeup Reviews

Revlon PhotoReady liquid foundations
I like this foundation. I don't normally go for liquid formulas, but this one doesn't feel heavy on my face. It isn't heavy coverage, just a light coverage that covers up uneveness nicely. It also gives a nice dewey affect. However, it didn't stay put when sweat was involved. I think this would be a nice winter foundation, but not for summer when you'll be hot and sweaty at times.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer
I loved this product!! It covered my dark circles quite well and it stayed on all day! Take note!!! You need VERY LITTLE of this product to cover imperfections!! This is a definite bonus for me! A dab'll do ya! I also love the Dream Mousse Foundation, so it should come as no surprise how much I like this concealer.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector
This concealer/highlight combo was only ok to me. The concealer covered pretty well, but the highlighter didn't do much for me. Also, I had to blend a LOT and I still felt like it looked wet on my skin, and not in a highlighted sort of way. I don't always use a translucent power after applying my makeup, so I like something that can stand alone. This needed some powder to finish it off. This isn't a bad product, it just didn't work for my needs.
I still want to try a highlighter around my eyes. I've heard good things about Benefit's Eye Bright, so maybe I'll try that. I think i'm going to have to accept that no foundation on earth is going to cover my hot red face on my wedding day. I'm just going to have to stay as cool as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment