Saturday, July 10, 2010

Guns and a Wedding Check

Today I shot a .22 pistol, a .357 Magnum pistol, two .45 automatics, and a 12 gauge shotgun! Me!!! I'm a pacifist and I really don't like guns, but Jon really wants to have one in the house for protection and if there's going to be one in the house, I'm going to know how to shoot it! Phil took Jon and I over to Rachel and Troy's and we did some target shooting. I did pretty good for my first time out, or so I'm told! I have to admit, I liked it! The Magnum was my favorite!
After being out in the sweltering heat, we headed over to Sonnie and Phil's and swam for a bit and had lunch. Then we came home and took a 2 hour nap!!!! The heat and swimming must have really made us tired!
Big wedding 1/2 check!! We finished designing our invitations and figured out how to print them! I am starting to address the envelopes and we are going to print our invites once we get new ink cartridges!! So excited!! We also designed our reserved signs for the family tables. I can't believe the wedding is so close! This week, I'm going to get beer cups, silverware, and napkins. After that, all we really need is a few more things for the centerpieces and the the guys need to get their suits.
We were supposed to meet with Pastor Jim to write our ceremony today, but he had been called out of town at the last minute, so we are meeting with him next week instead. We will write our ceremony and he will approve the music we will be using at the church. Our wedding party will be walking in to Vitamin String Quartet's version of All You Need is Love. I'm entering to Jonathan Cain's version of the Bridal March. We are exiting to Happy Together by The Turtles. Our pre ceremony music that will play in the church while people wait includes the following:
I Will - The Beatles
Chapel of Love - The Dixie Cups
I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire - The Ink Spots
Embryonic Journey - Jefferson Airplane
The Book of Love - Peter Gabriel
Theme the 27 Dresses - Randy Edelman
At Last - Etta James
L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
Embraceable You - Ella Fitsgerald
Storybook Love - Mark Knopfler
Claire De Lune - Lumiere String Quartet
I Only Have Eyes for You - The Flamingos
Canon in D - Raymond Leppard

No comments:

Post a Comment