Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Extremely Simple Bruschetta

I have been craving bruschetta, but didn't want to make anything time intensive. I decided to make an extremely simple bruschetta to satisfy my craving. When I say simple, I mean simple!

8 Roma tomatoes, chopped in a food processor
1 onion, chopped in a food processor (Note, I would use a red onion for this b/c they are mild)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp basil
1 baguette

Chop onion and tomato. Add all spices and oil and mix well. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes. While that is sitting, thinly slice a baguette (I used sourdough). Toast in your oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes. Flip and put a tiny bit of butter on top. Toast another 3 minutes. Serve veggies on top of bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment