Saturday, November 27, 2010

Annual After Thanksgiving Shopping Trip

Hello all! I am back from my shopping trip with the ladies of my family! It was so much fun! It has been a really long time since all 5 sisters got to shop together! We had a ball! A little background for those who don't know. When Santa stopped bringing us presents, our parents started giving us our Christmas money on Thanksgiving. Then all the ladies of the family would go shopping that weekend and spend their money. Mom would take the presents home and wrap them and we would open them Christmas morning. Mom no longer takes out purchases to wrap b/c we are no longer at home for Christmas morning, but we still shop the weekend after Thanksgiving!
Yesterday after work, I headed up to Indy and met the fam already shopping at Walmart. Then we hit Kohl's, ToysRUs, and Target. I totally scored at Target and got pretty much everything on my list. We had dinner at Steak 'n' Shake where I found that the batteries in my camera had died! I was so mad! Then went home and got to bed! Today, we got a late start, but headed to Circle Centre Mall. I haven't been to a mall in years, and I forgot how fun they can be at Christmas time. I love the feeling in the air! At the mall, we had lunch at the Alcatraz Brewing Co Restaurant & Brewery. It was really good! Luckly, at this point, we realized that Kelly has an Iphone and can take pictures, so i had her take some and send them to me. I had the Dark Ale Smoke BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich with Parmesan kettle chips. A short review: food was great, service was great, atmosphere was great! I would definitely recommend this place! Here are the pic's. I had already started on my sandwich, but you get the idea.

The kids meals came in these adorable bento boxes! So cute!

In the words of my niece Olivia, "This is the best restaurant ever!"

I hit up Forever 21, Yankee Candle, Claire's, and a few other places that I didn't buy at. We met Santa in Nordstrom's and I went to the MAC counter. That's right people I finally bought a MAC product! Before the wedding, I talked quite a bit about trying MAC foundation, but ultimately decided to wait. Well I decided that since I had Christmas money to spend, I was going to get my MAC foundation! I totally splurged and got a set of brushes too, but it's my Christmas money and I'll spend it how I want it! Look for a haul post next to see what I got!

On the way out of the mall, we ran into Santa himself! OF course we had to get a picture!

Those are my adorable nieces with me! It was their first shopping trip with the ladies! I think they had fun! After the mall, I headed home. We were going to decorate the Christmas tree tonight, but someone (ME!) forgot to get lights for the tree! obviously we can't decorate it without the lights (they have to go on first!) so we are going to get them tomorrow and decorate it then. Well it was an awesome weekend so far. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment