Friday, September 3, 2010

chicken and dumpling soup

Well I didn't accomplish much today! I did finish my reserved sign frames for the wedding and Jon and I rearranged our bedroom, but other than that, not much! Hey it was a vacation day!!! I did manage to make a new recipe! Jon and I both liked this one!

Chicken Dumpling Soup
2 quarts chicken stock
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp shortening
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk

Fry mushrooms and onions in some butter in the bottom of a big soup pot. Once tender, add chicken stock and frozen veggies. Simmer for 30 minutes. Mix flour, salt, baking powder. Cut in shortening until lumpy. Slowly stir in milk. Increase heat on soup pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, drop in spoonfuls of the dumpling mix. Simmer for 20 minutes, 10 uncovered, then 10 covered. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment