Friday, January 28, 2011

NomNomNom

Today I had the best cupcakes! There was an anniversary at work and cupcakes were brought. They were amazing! They were from Take the Cake bakery. I decided to go by the bakery and get some cupcakes on the way home. We tried the chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla, chocolate, white chocolate white chocolate chip, lemon cream, and red velvet varieties. They were amazing! The cupcakes are moist and fluffy yet dense. They're an oxymoron! The frosting is light and fluffy, yet creamy and not too sweet. So good!


This one is the lemon cream.
Yum! This brings me, in a roundabout way to a decision that Jon and I made. I have seen on several blogs that people are making the choice to eat local. I have been thinking about it for a while now, and after talking to Jon, we are going to try to eat at local restaurants instead of the big chains when we eat out (except for pop, which you can't really grab to go at a local mom and pop place). I really want to support local business in Seymour, and I think this is a way to do it! We have started a list of local non-chain places to eat. Now I can add this bakery to the list! Hopefully we can stick to this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment