Friday, October 1, 2010

Oktoberfest!!!!

This afternoon, I got my first taste of Seymour's Oktoberfest! Jon and I tried to go a few years ago, but it was like 95 degrees outside so we made it maybe 5 minutes and gave it up for lost. So this year, I really wanted to go! It's the talk to Seymour, so I simply had to experience it! They shut down the entire downtown of Seymour and the streets are filled with vendors and picnic tables! I've never heard of a town shutting down for 3 days, but this one does! We made it a quick trip b/c we had to be home to get Josh at 6:30pm, but I got to see most stuff in passing and we got some food! This place was crazy busy with people and now I know why. The food! They have just about anything you could want! We had a bloomin onion...


fried pickles.........
and a warm apple dumpling................


Seriously nom worthy food! So good! I love stuff like county fairs and festivals! Jon not so much, but he suffers through it b/c he knows how much I love it. We saw this awesome organ grinder!

Of course, the monkey was fake, but it was still so cool! Here is an awkward pick of Jon and I.


And they change the street signs in all of down town to German! So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment