Saturday, October 2, 2010

White Chili

Fall is here and the chilly rainy weather today is just screaming chili! So I am trying out a recipe I got from my sister's friend's Andrea and Bob. It's white chili! Yum! I am making this for the first time, but I've had it made by a couple different people who followed this recipe and it is good every time! Something to note, this recipe only makes enough for a couple people. I doubled it for the three of us and we did have some leftovers. If you are cooking for more than 4, double the recipe.

2 chicken breasts or 16 oz can chicken
1 can chicken broth (only if using chicken breasts)
2 cans white northern beans
1/2 onion, chopped
4 oz green chilies or jalapenos
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper

If using chicken breasts, boil chicken in just enough water to cover. Once done, chop chicken and return to water.
If using canned chicken, pour chicken broth and canned chicken into pot.
Mix in all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes. Top with cheese and sour cream to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment