Sunday, January 29, 2012

Beef & Green Bean Stirfry



2 steaks
2 cups green beans
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp corn starch
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sesame oil

Mix soy sauce, garlic, honey, and sesame oil in a baggy.  Put in steaks and marinate 1 hour.  Cook green beans.  Put steaks and onions in a heated non stick skillet.  I like my steak medium to medium rare, so I tried for that.  Turn off the heat.  Take out steaks and let sit for 5 minutes.  Slice steaks and add back to pan with onions.  Add green beans, corn starch, and rest of marinade.   Heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is formed.  Don't heat too long or sauce will become thick and, well, not good.  I let mine go a little too long, so it congealed a bit.  Still tasted good, but I would've liked more liquid.  I served mine with brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment