Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Taco Ring to Rule Them All

I had seen the taco ring everywhere on the internet and wanted to give it a try. I found a few recipes and didn't like what they said, so I went off on my own tangent to make my own version. I wanted a side dish, so I decided to try a mexican rice. Once again, I had seen several recipes, but none that were really what I wanted, so I made up my own. Jon, Josh and I really like both of these dishes.

Taco Ring
1 lb ground beef/turkey
1/4 onion, chopped
2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 pack taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc)

Brown meat and onions. Add taco seasoning and water and mix. Lay first packages of rolls out in a circle, with fat ends in the center. It should look like a sun when you are done. Lay the second pack in between two of the previous rolls, still with the fat end in the center. Spoon meat onto rolls and pull skinny/pointy end over meat and seal the ends. Bake until crescent rolls are golden brown.


Mexican Rice
2 cups minute rice
2 cups water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix all except cheese and bake at 400 degrees fro 35 minutes. Spread cheese on the top and bake until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment