Sunday, July 10, 2011

MASS EFFECT REVELATION REVIEW

I got into Mass Effect by watching my husband play it. I loved the story and how in-depth and detailed the game was about the world they had created. I heard about the books and knew I had to read them too. In fact, they were written by a lead writer of the games, author Drew Karpyshyn. I loved the novels! They are very well written and they provide more insight into the characters and political climate from the games. Mass Effect Revelation goes back in time and allows us to witness first hand the mission in which Lieutenant David Anderson and Saren Arterius were on together that lead to their mutual enmity. I have to say that while my husband loved the story of Saren, I thought he was sadistic plain and simple. I didn’t care for Saren in Mass Effect, and after reading the book, I despise his character! We also meet Kahlee Sanders in this book. She is the daughter of famed soldier Admiral Jon Grissom and has to turn to him for help after years of ignoring his existence. This book starts with an attack on an Alliance base which is performing illegal AI research for the Alliance. Kahlee was a scientist on the base, l but had left the base, going AWOL a day before the attack. She has become a prime suspect in the attack, but while the story expands, we find that there is someone much bigger behind this coup. Throughout the book, we follow these three characters, Saren, Anderson, and Kahlee as they fight to clear Kahlee’s name and take down the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment