Wednesday, January 6, 2010

and back to the wedding planning

I took a break from planning the wedding for the last couple months and now I have to get back to. I can't believe it's less than 9 months away! It's crazy! All the big stuff is booked, but I still don't have a dress. Sigh. And so it begins. I have a pretty big to do list sine I am doing a lot of DIY for this wedding. Feather bouquets, aisle runner, feather wreaths for the church, feather door hanging for the reception entryway, centerpieces (and I still don't know what I'm doing for those), etc, etc, etc. See a theme of feathers though? Yep, people think I'm nuts but I've seen some beautiful feather bouquets and that was my jumping off point. The tricky part is making it elegant instead of burlesque. I think I've achieved it except every time I get to the centerpieces, they go burlesque. Also feathers and candles don't mix and I really want candles on my tables. Hm. I will just have to keep working on that one. I'm thinking maybe feather chandelier over the head table (I know, head tables are out, but I want one) and just keep the centerpieces super simple with just a line of votive candles. Cost effective and elegant in its simplicity. Woot! Decision made! I love making wedding decisions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment